Welcome.

Hey, thanks for checking out my blog. Here you can find out all about me, my film team, my walk with Christ, my movie reviews, and anything else I might feel like sharing with the world. Check it out, and leave me some serious feedback. And by serious, I mean hardcore, because I'm all about the funny.

Me.

Me.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Season Premiers

As of lately, I hardly ever have time to watch TV anymore. Due to homework and other things, I usually watch an hour of TV a day, which is usually devoted to one show every night, or maybe just the Colbert Report and Scrubs. In the past couple of weeks, though, I've seen three Season premiers of shows I already watch that look very promising: Heroes, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Family Guy.

Heroes:

Heroes premiered last night. Last year, I watched every episode religiously, and thought it was one of the freshest and most original shows since Lost started. In last nights episode, they picked up with most of the old characters, as well as a few new ones. I loved the way they picked up with Matt and Molly, not to mention Hiro and his quest. I thought the episode was good but boring all until the end. Then you get hit with another one of those famous Heroes endings. Claire's new friend can fly, Hiro's dad dies, but who killed him??, and finally, Peter's back. And he has no idea who he is or what's going on. Not to mention the fact that he was found by a bunch of Irish burglars in a ship crate. Once again, they left us hanging, as I'm sure they will in each episode this season. I'll be watching, will you?


Family Guy:


OK, so I've been watching Family Guy since season one started on FOX all those years ago. I own most of the seasons on DVD, and have stuck with them through the thick and the thin. And to be blunt, this episode was a pretty big disappointment in itself, but I find there to be hope in it. The episode was a one-hour special, just ripping off Star Wars. Now, this would be good, if it hadn't already been done forty thousand times. I will admit, there were some very funny parts, like Stewie's (Darth Vader's) conversation about the 2-meter wide hole, and the two guys conversation about the railing, and the whole couch thing. But for a one-hour special, they could have done a lot more.
Be this as it may, I see hope here. From this episode, it seems Family Guy is slowly turning away from their major characteristic of cut-away humor, in which someone says something like, "It was more dangerous than that time I went hunting with Dick Chaney!", and then it cuts to a funny scene of that. I think they're leaning more towards just funny conversational humor, as I've already mentioned. Now, this might have just been like that for this one episode, due to the subject, which would be great, because Family Guy is in a league of its own in cut-away humor. But if it's leaning more towards the latter, I'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully Family Guy can redeem itself in the following weeks.


It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

So last year, Sunny was one of my favorite shows. I didn't get to watch them as they premiered, but I watched them when I could. I found it's humor real and fresh, not to mention hilarious. So this year, I was stoked for the season premier. And it didn't disappoint. The best part about it is, every Thursday night, they have two new episodes. So if you don't like one, you're bound to like the other. So far, I've seen 4 episodes, and all four have been amazing. The new characters introduced work great with the originals, and the show seems to have kept it's fresh originality. I'll be tuning in for all the upcoming episodes. Personally, I can't wait for the "Dee Dates a Retard" episode, just to hear that glorious line from the commercial: "What? That's bananas, girl!"



So there you have it.

No comments: