Welcome.

Hey, thanks for checking out my blog. Here you can find out all about me, my film team, my walk with Christ, my movie reviews, and anything else I might feel like sharing with the world. Check it out, and leave me some serious feedback. And by serious, I mean hardcore, because I'm all about the funny.

Me.

Me.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Just Some Thoughts....

As I move into my Sophomore year of Highschool, I've come to realize a few things about our effect on other lives as individuals. You see, it's not our behavior, attitude, or even intelligence that defines us to the mass public. It's our friends. It's who we hang out with. We are classed in groups, as we always have been, and always will be. For most of us, we get to choose our class. Whether it be the jocks, bullies, nerds, or whatever, we BECOME a part of it. And it becomes a part of us. And this is what makes others define us as "nerds" or the "school bullies."

So now, when does our behavior, attitude, intelligence, and such come into play? In our classes. In our cliques. It's what makes us individuals among our peers. It's like a level system. First, you have age. Anywhere from "Senior" or "old person" down to "children" or "teenager" or "immature nuisance." This is how those of other cliques portray us. But in those cliques, and other cliques similar to our own, we are defined by different standards. Like, "the nice guy" of the group. Or, "the Christian" of the group. But what if our clique is know as "The Christian Group?" What then? Then it goes onto our behavior and attitude. Like, "The Quite, Christian, Teenager."

So what's my point? Instead of becoming who we're genetically set up to be, why not change? Why not make OUR age, OUR mass clique, become known as the Christian group. Why not be seen in public, and someone say, "Ah, there are the local teenagers." And have someone else correct them by saying "No, no, those are the local Christians."

Better than that, why not take it one level further? Why not be seen in public and have someone say, "Ah, there go the local Christians..." and have someone else correct them with, "No, those are the quite kids."

If we're going to be defined by the public, if we're going to be individually raped (a little harsh, I know), why not make "Christian" mandatory. Like, someone can define us as "quite" or "loud" or even something like "skater," and it be known that they are Christian, that "skater" is just one step further.

Let's make the non-Christians become the ones being defined. Let's make them be seen as the outcasts. Let's make it so that if THEY are seen in public, someone says, "There goes those loud teenagers..." and someone else corrects them with, "No, no, those kids aren't Christians!" And person number one says, "Oh snap, why not??"


Anyways, in closing, let's not hide who we are? I know I won't be. And if you feel the need to, maybe you aren't who you should be?

No comments: